Anyone else got Google Wave invite?
Thread poster: Jaroslaw Michalak

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:29
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Nov 7, 2009

I would love to try out Google Wave, but do not have anyone to "wave" with... Unfortunately, I cannot send out invitations myself.

Is there anyone else who would like to take this for a test drive?

P Forgas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:29
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
invitations Nov 7, 2009

you could invite anyone to sign up here:
https://services.google.com/fb/forms/wavesignup/

P.

[Edited at 2009-11-07 11:46 GMT]

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
I've got mine already... Nov 7, 2009

But this is a form requesting an invite and I've already got one from one of the portals...

madak  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:29
Swedish to English
+ ...
Me Nov 7, 2009

I've had it for about a week now, but haven't got around to actually using it.

I've handed out a few invites to some of my in-house colleagues. Just to be generous as I can't imagine us having much to discuss outside in-house work. And my son refuses to use his invite...

I'm not sure how much I'll actually end up using it. I loved the presentation so I signed up for the beta, but I'm not really that keen on "clouding" and I feel that's a major part of Wave. I used Google docs when I studied recently as I had to do project work together with fellow students based in Sweden, but generally I have concerns about privacy issues when it comes to leaving my "property" on a cloud (although my major in-house company seems perfectly happy to use a cloud environment for sensitive client information).

Without having had a chance to properly check out the usefulness of Wave, my feeling is that it's most useful in a cloud environment.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:29
Spanish
+ ...
Looking for an invite too Nov 7, 2009

I did sign up but I still haven't received any emailicon_frown.gif Anybody has an extra invite?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I was invited Nov 7, 2009

We could perhaps give it a try together?

I have already told my main customer about this, as it would make a difference communicating with all their PMs. He has told me they would look into it and would consider using it. In the mean time, I would love to try it, even just for the sake of it.

madak  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
You need a gmail or googlemail address to use wave Nov 7, 2009

I wasted a few of my invititations sending them to my other email addresses.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:29
Spanish
+ ...
Google Wave Nov 7, 2009

Thank you Madeleine for the invite. I have you in my contacts.

Tomás, I tried to add you but the email you sent me is not a Google Wave email (according to GW). Edit: Nevermind, I can see you now. How did you manage to use a non-Google email for Google Wave?

Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:29
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Just signed up Nov 8, 2009

I watched the entire 1 1/2 hour video demo today and was mightily impressed. Wish I had more time to mess around with this, but at least I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I guess I have to wait now until they send me an invite, or whatever.

Doiku Takeda
Japan
Local time: 14:29
Japanese to English
+ ...
Looking for an invite too Nov 8, 2009

I have been looking for a Google Wave invite myself. Would anyone perhaps have one to offer?

Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:29
English to Romanian
+ ...
If somebody can spare an invitation, I would appreciate Nov 8, 2009

Thank you.

Shouguang Cao
China
Local time: 13:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
I got invited. Nov 8, 2009

But I didn't figure out how to invite others yet, or I will give you an invitation Dan.

Dallas

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Invites Nov 8, 2009

I have received a wave from Google that I do have some invitations to give out, after all... Therefore, if you are interested, send me a message.

Please note that I have reserved some for my friends, so they might be all gone rather quickly!

If you want to know what this is all about or to get to know intricate details, check out this site:

http://completewaveguide.com/

If you do not want to get discouraged, do not visit this one:

http://easiertounderstandthanwave.com/

Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
What about confidentiality? Nov 8, 2009

I've read some of the Wave Guide through the link included in this thread and it sounds interesting and, indeed, fascinating. So much new vocabulary for a non-tecchie like me - bots, blips, heaven knows what ...
It occurs to me that most of us translators are bound by confidentiality agreements, aren't we?
Wouldn't "waving" about a document we're working on be a severe breach of confidentiality?
Regards,
Jenny

Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Depends who manages the wave, I guess... Nov 8, 2009

Jenny Forbes wrote:

Wouldn't "waving" about a document we're working on be a severe breach of confidentiality?

I suppose that if the PM manages the wave then he/she accepts the fact that there is a communication between the collaborators (although branching off to a "private" wave might be seen as disturbingly easy!). When they are not aware of that then of course it is a breach of contract - just as it is with mailing, instant messaging or blogging... nothing new here.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone else got Google Wave invite?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search