Thread poster: Waleed Mohamed

Waleed Mohamed  Identity Verified
United Arab Emirates
Local time: 12:31
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 11, 2010

Hi,

This tool is an old one, but I don't see many people using it, and that is why I am writing today to tell you about it.

It's a free live chat tool from Google for anyone with a Google account. You can add it to your Proz.com profile page, blog or website.

It is useful because it will encourage any potential client visiting your profile or website to talk to you whenever you are online, and thus increasing your chance of getting more clients. It will also make your website look professional and add to its credibility.

You can see an example on my profile page or on my website www.ArabicTranslationExperts.com.

To get yours, simply go to: http://www.google.com/talk/service/badge/New and you will just need to copy and paste a small piece of code.

You will need to be logged in to appear online and available for chat.

Tip: Whenever you change your Google Talk status or add a custom message, this will be instantly reflected on the web page which has the tool. You can add a custom message like “I am here, talk to me” or “Don’t hesitate to ask any questions”, etc.

Hope you will benefit from this tool, and have more live talks with new clients soon

Best regards

Waleed

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:31
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
No one ever contacted me through Google Talk Jun 11, 2010

But I'm still willing to try what you mentioned with the badge.

Regards

Piotr

Sam21
Qatar
Local time: 11:31
Arabic to English
+ ...
Agree with Piotr Jun 11, 2010

Skype is more reliably used by many clients, and I don't feel like using another tool. Good gadget anyway.

Shokran

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:31
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great tool! Jun 12, 2010

I've already applied it in my website! It is really useful as I'm almost all day online.
A big thank you!

Clarisa

[Edited at 2010-06-12 00:24 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free & useful tool from Google helping you get in touch with more clients

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search