I need some help with "Opera"
Thread poster: Ruxi
Ruxi
Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
Aug 24, 2004

I am sorry to bother you again with my problems.
Sometimes ago you helped me with Internet and somebody adviced me to use Opera,as it is a good browser.
I had to install and use Opera and it works, only I have a problem and I need your help.
My problem:
On Yahoo I can not manage my mails, that is, I can not delete them or move them into another directory. I also can not make attachments.
On Lycos I can not make attachments either.
Do I have to change something
... See more
I am sorry to bother you again with my problems.
Sometimes ago you helped me with Internet and somebody adviced me to use Opera,as it is a good browser.
I had to install and use Opera and it works, only I have a problem and I need your help.
My problem:
On Yahoo I can not manage my mails, that is, I can not delete them or move them into another directory. I also can not make attachments.
On Lycos I can not make attachments either.
Do I have to change something, somewhere, some settings I didn't find yet?

Thank you very much,
Ruxi
Collapse

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Local time: 02:03
English to Russian
Java is the probable culprit Aug 24, 2004

Hi Ruxi, nice to hear from you again
I also use Opera 7.23 and it does not always work with any pages using Java script, and I have to use MSIE. Most services, however, like those rgat you described, are functional. Which makes methink you downloaded Opera without Java. If this is the case you should go to Opera site and get yourself either Opera with Java or Java runtime environment alone and install whatever you'll get the
... See more
Hi Ruxi, nice to hear from you again
I also use Opera 7.23 and it does not always work with any pages using Java script, and I have to use MSIE. Most services, however, like those rgat you described, are functional. Which makes methink you downloaded Opera without Java. If this is the case you should go to Opera site and get yourself either Opera with Java or Java runtime environment alone and install whatever you'll get there.
HTH
Stay well
Aleksandr
Collapse

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:03
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
re: I need some help with "Opera" Aug 25, 2004

Install the latest Opera 7.54, in case you use Ms Windows. Download Java plugins. Use Opera with Java plugins and Java scripts enabled, in case you want Java language enabled as well, do it so.

Enable referrer login.

You should be able to use the latest version of Opera in the good part of the web sites where previously you encountered problems. However, those are not caused by Opera.

Hope this helps a bit, try it.

Ruxi
Ruxi
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but... Aug 26, 2004

Thank you all for your answers. I have Opera 6 only and it has everything you mention, Java (enabled), a.s.o.
Still it doesn't work proper.
It must be something else.
I think most of the sites are meant to work only on Internet Explorer and not on Opera, including Yahoo and Lycos.Otherwise I don't understand what is happening.
I had to give up I.E 6 because of an "about:blank" virus.I couldn't use many sites because of Firewall and when I disabled it I got viruses.
... See more
Thank you all for your answers. I have Opera 6 only and it has everything you mention, Java (enabled), a.s.o.
Still it doesn't work proper.
It must be something else.
I think most of the sites are meant to work only on Internet Explorer and not on Opera, including Yahoo and Lycos.Otherwise I don't understand what is happening.
I had to give up I.E 6 because of an "about:blank" virus.I couldn't use many sites because of Firewall and when I disabled it I got viruses.
Who in the world can understand software? Now is Opera better and does it need Firewall, or is it more secure?
I really don't know what is good anymore.

Ruxi
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need some help with "Opera"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »