How to download file(s) from FileHippo.com with Orbit Downloader V4.1.1.18?
Thread poster: Danesh

Danesh
Local time: 15:47
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Sep 15, 2013

Would you please give me detailed step-by-step instructions in simple language how I can download file(s) from FileHippo.com with Orbit Downloader V4.1.1.18?

A million thanks in advance for your help

Direct link Reply with quote

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 19:17
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Orbit downloader - A bad idea Sep 16, 2013

Dear Danesh,

For most browser you can setup Orbit to overtake the download functions, redirect downloads to a specific folder etc. All this is done by the SETTINGS/OPTIONS menu (Can't recall).

However, i'd like to mention that Orbit is not a safe software to use as it has a Trojan horse included which uses part of your bandwidth to do DDOS attacks on other people's computers and other things.

I know better as it used to be my standard downloader/video grabber

http://www.zdnet.com/eset-reports-trojan-in-orbit-downloader-7000019760/

Since i removed it my PC got a bit faster too (Around 5/10% faster than it was before) and my Ping has gone down too, which means something did was wrong.

Regards

Enrico

Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 13:17
English to German
Don't use such things if you are not familiar with Internet, software and the related pros & cons. Sep 16, 2013

Danesh wrote:

how I can download file(s) from FileHippo.com with Orbit Downloader V4.1.1.18?

Don't use third-party file hosters. They might offer malware-infiltrated software.

Don't install any software that doesn't not provide true andvantages for your work. Any modern browser is able to download files very fast.

In the first place, google for the name of a software. A search for "Orbit downloader" yields alarming results.

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
I can only confirm what the other colleagues have written Sep 16, 2013

Nowadays you have to watch like a hawk to make sure even useful, previously trustworthy software isn't trying to load something you don't want on your computer. This has become an increasingly widespread annoyance, with even big names like Adobe Acrobat pulling this nonsense, especially with browser add-ons no one needs. Make no mistake, this is all to sell browsing behavior statistics for marketing dollars, and sometimes worse purposes (NSA, anyone?), as Orbit seems to do. One cannot be too careful these days: Make sure your computer works for YOU, and not anyone else in the background.

Danesh
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. What's your recommendation then? Sep 16, 2013

Thank you very much for you valuable inputs. What's your recommendation then? Is there a reliable and trustworthy FREE download manager at all?
Regards

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
None. I use my own common sense judgment and download Sep 16, 2013

anything I want or need manually. However, feel free to do your own research here:

http://www.google.de/?gws_rd=cr&ei=h542Us-GHOaq4AS6rYDIDw#q="reliable%20download%20manager"

Danesh
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again anyway Sep 17, 2013

Dear Woodstock,

Thank you again anyway.

Best

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to download file(s) from FileHippo.com with Orbit Downloader V4.1.1.18?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search