International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

ProZ e-mail links fail to open in Firefox v.24
Thread poster: Paul Kozelka

Paul Kozelka  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:01
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2013

I am using Win7 and Firefox 24, but after installing Win7 find that clicking on e-mail addresses on ProZ pages brings up either IE and the ProZ Home Page, or IE with an error msg that keeps reproducing itself in window after window. The error msg says "Cannot open this page because client e-mail app not installed correctly". My e-mail app is IncrediMail, which has served me well for many years and is listed as the default mailto app in Firefox.
I have tried a number of clean-ups and fixes suggested in Firefox Help but the problem continues.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Default browser Oct 11, 2013

Have you got Firefox set as the default browser?

Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Firefox is the default browser Oct 11, 2013

Hi Alex,
I sure do. I'm wondering if the problem isn't related to some link between Flash Player and Firefox and/or Flash Player and IncrediMail (and Firefox, since IncrediMail works fine), since some links on other sites produce and error msg saying that Flash has failed or been corrupted, even though I have installed the most recent version...twice.
I have also tried adjusting configs for AdBlockPlus and other plug-ins per the Help Forum for Firefox.

Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have you tried this? Oct 11, 2013

Try checking your File Types. Open My Computer, and select Tools - Folder Options from the menu. Click the File Types tab. Find URL: HyperText Transfer Protocol. Select that, and click Advanced. Select the action Open, and click Edit. Check that the application is Firefox. Do the same for any other actions. Repeat for URL: HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy

Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Almost there? Oct 11, 2013

This sounds suspiciously like it might work, except that I am new to Windows 7 and don't know where to find My Computer...

Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My computer Oct 12, 2013

To open "My computer" click on the Start Button and then on the list that is on the right side (the darker side) click on "Computer"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ e-mail links fail to open in Firefox v.24

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search