Thread poster: Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey
Germany
Local time: 16:48
Member (2006)
German to English
Nov 23, 2004

I'm using T-online 5 for e-mails and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106. I have just had a new computer and now I can't open internet links sent to me in e-mails. Internet Explorer gives an error message when I click on them.

"Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.
Die gewünschte Seite ist zurzeit nicht verfügbar. Möglicherweise sind technische Schwierigkeiten aufgetreten oder Sie sollten die Browsereinstellungen überprüfen"

The combination of these t
... See more
I'm using T-online 5 for e-mails and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106. I have just had a new computer and now I can't open internet links sent to me in e-mails. Internet Explorer gives an error message when I click on them.

"Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.
Die gewünschte Seite ist zurzeit nicht verfügbar. Möglicherweise sind technische Schwierigkeiten aufgetreten oder Sie sollten die Browsereinstellungen überprüfen"

The combination of these two programmes worked on my old computer and I do not know what settings could be different now.

Any ideas?
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
find the right provider Nov 23, 2004

Hi! I also used t-online providing systems, but I was unhappy, you would know equally why, otherwise you would put a questions. I use hotmail and yahoo for external communication but I use proz.com hosting systems, where I can set the mail box limit myself. Yes that is a very good solution, for a reqular translator. I have a control panel, and I can administer whatever I do myself. If I do anything wrong I see the result. Very simple. Good luck with the search for a probable solution that fits ... See more
Hi! I also used t-online providing systems, but I was unhappy, you would know equally why, otherwise you would put a questions. I use hotmail and yahoo for external communication but I use proz.com hosting systems, where I can set the mail box limit myself. Yes that is a very good solution, for a reqular translator. I have a control panel, and I can administer whatever I do myself. If I do anything wrong I see the result. Very simple. Good luck with the search for a probable solution that fits you.
Rgds,
Brandis
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
Mixing terms Nov 23, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Hi! I also used t-online providing systems, ....... I use proz.com hosting systems, where I can set the mail box limit myself. ....
Brandis

Your provider is where you get your IP address, in this case T-Online. Witch or how many email accounts you have is another history. Yahoo, Hotmail and all free email services are not sure and your name is in a list ready to be sell to any company. How else do you think they get his money?

I do not understand what you mean with "box limit" how many GB can you have in your Proz account? are all your attachments in his server?

How about indexing your mails?

Mawbey wrote:
I'm using T-online 5 for e-mails and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.

The best is you ask your provider T-Online, you are paying for it; it is your right to use there services

Rgds

[Edited at 2004-11-23 21:35]

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
The Cure Nov 24, 2004

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Programs tab.
Click the Reset Web Settings button.

Louise Mawbey
Louise Mawbey
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful Nov 24, 2004

Sven Petersson wrote:

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Programs tab.
Click the Reset Web Settings button.

Thanks Sven, you're a genius - it now works perfectly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open links in e-mails

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »