I can't access yahoo mail box
Thread poster: onu_christ
onu_christ
onu_christ
Local time: 05:11
English
Mar 7, 2006

I have been having a problem and it goes like this
Each time I want to sign in in yahoo mail it takes somuch time to sign in and some time it does not sign in at all.
Secondly It can not allow me check mail or even open composed . Please it has driven away my customers so I need hel on what to do.

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:11
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
can't sign in to yahoo Mar 7, 2006

Hi Onu,

You probably get a time-out of some sort? Do you have this problem with all e-mail addresses?
What is the error message, do you get it only from your home computer?

I guess it's a time out, but you also have to think of a trade off between a paid service (with a helpdesk perhaps) or a free address, if your business depends on it, I would invest in a paid e-mail provider.

Ed
Translate.ED

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
Problems with Yahoo? Mar 7, 2006

Hi, I am having the same problem for the past week or so - only I can check my e-mail but messages are not sent - the program is just hanging. Furthermore, it's continuously asking me (about every other message I try to send) to write a character string in a box to 'fight spam'. And I have an updated Yahoo account that I pay for! It may have something to do with the beta version I am using, but I am not sure.

My gmail account is better accessible, with only very short 'time-outs'
... See more
Hi, I am having the same problem for the past week or so - only I can check my e-mail but messages are not sent - the program is just hanging. Furthermore, it's continuously asking me (about every other message I try to send) to write a character string in a box to 'fight spam'. And I have an updated Yahoo account that I pay for! It may have something to do with the beta version I am using, but I am not sure.

My gmail account is better accessible, with only very short 'time-outs'

My 'normal' provider's account (Wanadoo in Spain) is unreliable as messages may take up to 8 hours to arrive in my inbox or in my customer's inbox, if at all.

My strategy is now as follows: I always give my customers two or three e-mail addresses to contact me, as well as contact tel. numbers. I found that gmail is the most reliable e-mail service, even if it is a free service. I am based in Spain and this may very per region and country of course.
HTH, Anjo

[Edited at 2006-03-07 11:41]
Collapse

Aisling O'Callaghan
Aisling O'Callaghan
English to Irish
+ ...
Always provide your clients with at least 2 E-mail addresses... Mar 7, 2006

Hi, I agree with the last comment made. Even though I've been using Yahoo! mail for over 10 years now, and have never had a problem, it's always a good idea to get your mail forwarded to a second account. This will ensure that you receive all your messages, regardless or whether you are able to access your account or not. Funnily enough I've always found Yahoo! to be the best mail provider I've used, and I frequently encounter problems with my paid service provider!

Tim Drayton
Tim Drayton  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 07:11
Turkish to English
+ ...
More grouses Mar 7, 2006

I am afraid I can't suggest any solutions, but just recently I have experienced situations where translation texts sent by clients to my yahoo e-mail address are delayed or do not arrive at all. I wonder if there is a connection between this and yahoo's plan to charge e-mail senders a fee for their messages to by-pass anti-spamming filters? Luckily I also have an e-mail address with my domain so I can use this instead. I suppose the only thing for people to do is set up an e-mail account elsewhe... See more
I am afraid I can't suggest any solutions, but just recently I have experienced situations where translation texts sent by clients to my yahoo e-mail address are delayed or do not arrive at all. I wonder if there is a connection between this and yahoo's plan to charge e-mail senders a fee for their messages to by-pass anti-spamming filters? Luckily I also have an e-mail address with my domain so I can use this instead. I suppose the only thing for people to do is set up an e-mail account elsewhere if they are dissatisfied.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't access yahoo mail box

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »