e-mails rejected by ISP
Thread poster: xxxdenny
xxxdenny  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:12
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2006

My e-mail provider has recently instituted a policy of rejecting all e-mails that have non-ASCII characters in the subject line. Of course, that means that Hungarian KudoZ questions are rejected when accented characters are used, which is the case more often than not. In turn, ProZ declares my e-mail address invalid and I cease to receive mail entirely from ProZ.
Also mail from friends and colleagues suffers.
My questions are: Does anyone else have the same problem and if yes what do you do about it? I have had the same e-mail address for 16 years and I am reluctant to just pick up and leave.

Direct link Reply with quote

Trevor Butcher
Local time: 14:12
English
16 year old email Apr 12, 2006

Well, at 16, maybe it is time to let your email address go its own way.

Seriously, which is more important to you, hanging on to an old email address or doing business? I understand that probably a lot of people know you using the old account, but in the long term it may be better to have another account and just redirect the remaining mail that goes to the old account.

Trevor

xxxdenny  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:12
Hungarian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Apr 12, 2006

The System Administrator agreed to exempt my address from the policy. Thanks for the reply - what I really learned that this was a unique problem - it may however be a a sign of things to come.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

e-mails rejected by ISP

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search