Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 08:20
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
Jan 19, 2007

Dear colleagues,
I noticed that my ranking in "the Google search" (when searching for an English-Georgian or a Georgian-English translator) has changed. During the last year of 2006, one could see me at the first page of such search results. Now, I could hardly find myself in the third or fourth page. Could someone please explain and help me with improvement of my ranking with Google?
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Levan

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:20
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Depends on the search terms Jan 19, 2007

Hi Levan,
I tried with
english-georgian translation
and you are on the 1st page!:-)
But if you want to improve your ranking, you
should enter more body (text) in your profile.
I see only 2 sentences.
Just entering search terms is not enough.
Search engines are underestimate, they are really smarter than most of the people think. (I hope I don't spoil your English)
Regards Steffi

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:20
SITE FOUNDER
Title is very important to Google. The new profile gives you the option of entering a custom title. Jan 19, 2007

You definitely should put more into the body of your profile.

Also, a page's title (the bit that appears at the very top of the browser when you view a page) is very important to Google. The new profile gives you the option of entering a custom title. This title should feature, as early as possible in the title, the keyword phrase or phrases that are most desirable to you, in terms of search engine traffic. Don't try to cram too much into the title, though, because if two titles inc
... See more
You definitely should put more into the body of your profile.

Also, a page's title (the bit that appears at the very top of the browser when you view a page) is very important to Google. The new profile gives you the option of entering a custom title. This title should feature, as early as possible in the title, the keyword phrase or phrases that are most desirable to you, in terms of search engine traffic. Don't try to cram too much into the title, though, because if two titles include the same keyword phrase, the shorter of the two seems often to get preference.

To edit the title that, go here:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=profile&sp_mode=settings&sp_submode=se (must be logged in)

You have plenty of keyword phrases, which is good, but you might want to add even more, and put in keywords in Georgian, too.

Another thing that could significantly improve your page rank is having links to your profile. Link to your profile page from as many places as possible on the web. Also consider doing profile crosslinking with other ProZ.com members (or others with profiles anywhere) with people whose work you know and trust. If those links include your preferred keyword phrases, it helps you to get more of the type of traffic you want.

Example: Looking for a <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.proz.com/translator/65793">Georgian translator</a>?

This would associate your page, in Google's "mind", with the keyword phrase "Georgian translator".
Collapse

Levan Namoradze
Levan Namoradze  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 08:20
Member (2005)
English to Georgian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Jan 19, 2007

Thanks a lot! I will follow your recommendations right today or tomorrow! And I hope you would not mind advising me little more (if required).
Thanks a lot again!
Kind regards,
Levan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google ranking

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »