Translation systems: how to choose?
Thread poster: Sofia Argumedo

Sofia Argumedo
Local time: 20:29
English to Spanish
Dec 12, 2009

Hello everyone,
the company I work with is a very small business located in México, the company mainly offers translation and language training services, however, we have started to receive many interpretations requests and though we do provide interpreting services, we do not have our own interpretation system yet, due to which we have the need to rent this equipment with other companies and this increases the costs of our services. For all this the company has decided to buy a interpretation system, and I have assigned me to estimate and find what would be the best option to buy, but since I have very little knowledge about this matter, I would like to know if you could help me with tips about the best trademarks, costs and what is really necessary to buy in order to start a small system. We are planning to buy just the necessary to interpret in small theaters in 2 languages to small groups.

thank you very much for the advise you can give me.

Direct link Reply with quote

Aymeric de Poyen Bellisle  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:29
English to French
+ ...
sound system Dec 12, 2009

Hello,

I'm not an expert, but all I know is that you need a sound engineer to operate the sound system. It is fairly common to encounter sound issues during a meeting, and obviously the interpreters do not have the knowledge to solve them.

jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:29
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
What is a translation system? Dec 12, 2009

I'm a bit lost. To get a best answer, you need to be more clear what you are looking for.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation systems: how to choose?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search