Interpretation costs
Thread poster: pj794
Dec 17, 2009

Hi,
I am currently working on an assignment for college around interpretation and I am trying to make it a bit more realistic.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of what it costs for one hour's telephone or video conferencing translation between two languages. I am just looking for rough costs, ie. what would the hourly rate be.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul.

Direct link Reply with quote

liviu roth
United States
Local time: 04:28
Romanian to English
+ ...
in the US Dec 17, 2009

roughly between $ 35- 60/hr. for OPI (over-the-phone interpretation)

hollycrichton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:28
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Thank you for your help Jan 8, 2010

Dear translator/ interpreter friends,

I had the same exact question about over-the-phone interpreting, and it was very convenient for me to just look it up here. So thanks to you for posting this information.

Holly

[Edited at 2010-01-08 17:31 GMT]

parminder Gill
Local time: 02:28
English
Interpretation costs Jan 10, 2010

The interpretation cost differs industry to industry. If you working on some oil projrct industry then one can charge around $60 - $70. If you working in Medical Industry there charges could be 35 to 45 dollars. In judicial system one make roughly 45 deollars per hour.
Parminder Gill

[Edited at 2010-01-10 04:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-01-10 04:57 GMT]

parminder Gill
Local time: 02:28
English
It should be around $38-$50 per hour(depends on type of setting) Jan 26, 2010

pj794 wrote:

Hi,
I am currently working on an assignment for college around interpretation and I am trying to make it a bit more realistic.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of what it costs for one hour's telephone or video conferencing translation between two languages. I am just looking for rough costs, ie. what would the hourly rate be.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpretation costs

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search