interpretation rates for short interpretation job
Thread poster: JeSsRockiT

JeSsRockiT
Local time: 16:17
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 5, 2010

When commissioned to do a short interpretation job (1 hour) how should the rate be calculated?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alma Ramirez  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:17
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interpretation rates Oct 5, 2010

If you have to go the place of the interpretation, the rates can go from 1 hr to 2 hr minimum, plus your travel miles or kilometers it depends on your client (agency) policy. If they do not pay your mileage and there is no plicy on minimum payment, then I suggest you should charge at least 1 1/2 hr.

I hope this helps.

JeSsRockiT
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THNX Alma :-) Oct 5, 2010

THNX

mdhschmitz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:17
Member (2010)
German to English
EURO 55,- per hour Oct 5, 2010

Hi Jess,

THis is th enormal rate as I was told last year at a seminar by someone at the Foreign Office in Berlin. If this is the normal rate, it should not be too expensive for a short job. This advice applies ot business ventures. If, of course, it is a private request, I leav ethat to your discretion.

Good luck.

Maria Schmitz

JeSsRockiT wrote:

When commissioned to do a short interpretation job (1 hour) how should the rate be calculated?

JeSsRockiT
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Oct 5, 2010

THNX so much for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpretation rates for short interpretation job

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search