interpretation rates for short interpretation job
Thread poster: JeSsRockiT

JeSsRockiT
Local time: 14:11
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 5, 2010

When commissioned to do a short interpretation job (1 hour) how should the rate be calculated?

Alma Ramirez  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:11
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interpretation rates Oct 5, 2010

If you have to go the place of the interpretation, the rates can go from 1 hr to 2 hr minimum, plus your travel miles or kilometers it depends on your client (agency) policy. If they do not pay your mileage and there is no plicy on minimum payment, then I suggest you should charge at least 1 1/2 hr.

I hope this helps.

JeSsRockiT
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THNX Alma :-) Oct 5, 2010

THNX

Maria Schmitz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:11
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
EURO 55,- per hour Oct 5, 2010

Hi Jess,

THis is th enormal rate as I was told last year at a seminar by someone at the Foreign Office in Berlin. If this is the normal rate, it should not be too expensive for a short job. This advice applies ot business ventures. If, of course, it is a private request, I leav ethat to your discretion.

Good luck.

Maria Schmitz

JeSsRockiT wrote:

When commissioned to do a short interpretation job (1 hour) how should the rate be calculated?

JeSsRockiT
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Oct 5, 2010

THNX so much for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpretation rates for short interpretation job

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search