interpretation rates for short interpretation job
Thread poster: JeSsRockiT

JeSsRockiT
Local time: 13:53
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 5, 2010

When commissioned to do a short interpretation job (1 hour) how should the rate be calculated?

Alma Ramirez  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interpretation rates Oct 5, 2010

If you have to go the place of the interpretation, the rates can go from 1 hr to 2 hr minimum, plus your travel miles or kilometers it depends on your client (agency) policy. If they do not pay your mileage and there is no plicy on minimum payment, then I suggest you should charge at least 1 1/2 hr.

I hope this helps.

JeSsRockiT
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THNX Alma :-) Oct 5, 2010

THNX

Maria Schmitz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:53
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
EURO 55,- per hour Oct 5, 2010

Hi Jess,

THis is th enormal rate as I was told last year at a seminar by someone at the Foreign Office in Berlin. If this is the normal rate, it should not be too expensive for a short job. This advice applies ot business ventures. If, of course, it is a private request, I leav ethat to your discretion.

Good luck.

Maria Schmitz

JeSsRockiT wrote:

When commissioned to do a short interpretation job (1 hour) how should the rate be calculated?

JeSsRockiT
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Oct 5, 2010

THNX so much for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpretation rates for short interpretation job

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search