interpretation rates for short interpretation job
Thread poster: JeSsRockiT
JeSsRockiT
JeSsRockiT
Local time: 09:04
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 5, 2010

When commissioned to do a short interpretation job (1 hour) how should the rate be calculated?

Alma Ramirez
Alma Ramirez  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:04
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interpretation rates Oct 5, 2010

If you have to go the place of the interpretation, the rates can go from 1 hr to 2 hr minimum, plus your travel miles or kilometers it depends on your client (agency) policy. If they do not pay your mileage and there is no plicy on minimum payment, then I suggest you should charge at least 1 1/2 hr.

I hope this helps.

JeSsRockiT
JeSsRockiT
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THNX Alma :-) Oct 5, 2010

THNX

Maria Schmitz
Maria Schmitz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:04
German to English
+ ...
EURO 55,- per hour Oct 5, 2010

Hi Jess,

THis is th enormal rate as I was told last year at a seminar by someone at the Foreign Office in Berlin. If this is the normal rate, it should not be too expensive for a short job. This advice applies ot business ventures. If, of course, it is a private request, I leav ethat to your discretion.

Good luck.

Maria Schmitz

JeSsRockiT wrote:

When commissioned to do a short interpretation job (1 hour) how should the rate be calculated?

JeSsRockiT
JeSsRockiT
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Oct 5, 2010

THNX so much for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpretation rates for short interpretation job

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »