CBS and DPSI(medical/health)
Thread poster: Luke Mersh

Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:45
Spanish to English
Oct 24, 2010

i am new to this forum and am training for my CBS(Certificate of Bilingual skills) in May and then i hope to do the DPSI(health/medical) with Northampton UNI in September.

i would like to know other peoples opinion

also any info on which is in more demand for either legal interpreting or medical interpreting?

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 05:45
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Sworn interpreter Oct 25, 2010

luke_cbs wrote:

also any info on which is in more demand for either legal interpreting or medical interpreting?

Sworn interpreter is a credential and qualification to work with courts, and a newly arranged qualification is required for interpretation in hospitals and medical institution (please search in Proz e.g. medical translation forum).

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Luke Mersh  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:45
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
CBS and DPSI(medical/health) Oct 25, 2010

thank you for that info.
here in the UK i believe there to be different rules, or at least i think so.
hopefully when i get into university and study for medical or law they will inform me of the requirements.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CBS and DPSI(medical/health)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search