DPSI Exam
Thread poster: Adriana Passos

Adriana Passos  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:52
English to Portuguese
Oct 28, 2010

Hi all,

Im new here and I need some help. I'm taking the DPSI exam next June 2011 and I was just wondering if anyone who has taken it could give me some tips on the exam? I'm doing a preparatory course but I dont feel prepared at all to take the exam next year! Also I'm a bit worried I have done the wrong choice by choosing DPSI instead of conference Interpreting or the Diploma in Translation. And with public cuts the government is doing the future for interpreters doesn't look bright!

Im doing Brazilian Portuguese/English, if anyone has some past papers on it I'm interested. Iol past papers are very expensive!

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated such as web sites where I could do some practicing, etc.

Thank you very much for your help.

Adriana

Direct link Reply with quote

Livia D'Ettorre  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:52
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Don't worry! Oct 29, 2010

Hi Adriana,

It's normal that you don't feel prepared enough to pass the exam now: your course has probably just started! It takes time to feel more confident.
If you have a look at past threads, I am sure you'll find plenty of information on how to practise for the exam.
I don't live in the UK anymore, so I can't really tell you about how useful the DPSI can be for you, but I am sure you'll be able to find jobs with it. Which DPSI are you doing (law, health or local government)?
Good luck!

Livia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPSI Exam

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search