Nataliya Nedkova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 00:58
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Oct 30, 2010

Hello!

Are IMIA (the international Medical Interpreters Association) trainings and courses acknowledged in UK? Is IMIA popular in UK?

Direct link Reply with quote

Rekha Narula  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:58
English to French
+ ...
IMIA courses - not heard of these Oct 31, 2010

Hello Nataliya,

I must admit that I have never heard of these. I mainly do medical and legal interpreting in the UK, but essentially in the public sector so the DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting) is the qualification of choice. I have one in Law & one in Health as well as degree in Modern Languages.

However, for medical conferences then I would suggest (as I did in an email to you in another posting) that you consider an MA in Conference Interpreting & Translation. There are many universities in the United Kingdom which do these.

All the best,

Rekha

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IMIA Training Courses

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search