Nataliya Nedkova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 08:33
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Oct 30, 2010

Hello!

Are IMIA (the international Medical Interpreters Association) trainings and courses acknowledged in UK? Is IMIA popular in UK?

Rekha Narula  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:33
English to French
+ ...
IMIA courses - not heard of these Oct 31, 2010

Hello Nataliya,

I must admit that I have never heard of these. I mainly do medical and legal interpreting in the UK, but essentially in the public sector so the DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting) is the qualification of choice. I have one in Law & one in Health as well as degree in Modern Languages.

However, for medical conferences then I would suggest (as I did in an email to you in another posting) that you consider an MA in Conference Interpreting & Translation. There are many universities in the United Kingdom which do these.

All the best,

Rekha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IMIA Training Courses

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search