Thread poster: David BUICK

David BUICK  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:54
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 18, 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm finalising an interpreting assignment in Marrakech in about a month's time. My tame equipment provider here in France tells me he doesn't ship his equipment abroad because of potential radio frequency conflicts.

Does anybody out there have any recommendations for a locally-based, reliable supplier of headset + microphone equipment (no need for booths as this is a small gathering)? Recommendations welcome on the thread or by private message.

Thanks!

Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reporting back Mar 6, 2011

Unfortunately this assignment has been cancelled, but I did learn a number of things from various conversations off-thread.

Firstly that the issue of the radio frequency bands used by headsets can be a real problem outside the EU and that getting locally sourced material is strongly recommended. Customs clearance may also be a problem if you don't.

Secondly, that equipment hired on-site is likely to be very expensive; this needs to be factored in to your quote.

Thanks to those who provided useful contacts and information in private.

AIM Turkey
Turkey
Local time: 18:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
Can you help? Nov 12, 2011

Hello, I came across your posting looking for headsets in Marrakech, could you help out? We have a conference there in 2 weeks time and need to hire equipment, do you have anyone you know who hires out?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
David

Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sending you a PM Nov 13, 2011

David

I'm sending you a PM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for headsets in Marrakech

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search