Scientific Research on Cinema, Humour and Ethnicity in 4 Countries! I Need U! :)
Thread poster: Alessandro Amarossi

Alessandro Amarossi  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:46
Russian to Italian
+ ...
Sep 30, 2011

Hi there!

My name is Alessandro, I live, work and study in Italy at the master's degree course in Conference Interpreting of the University of Bologna.

At the moment I have to prepare my master's degree thesis, and this crazy idea came to my mind: to conduct a a research on humour, cinema and ethnicity in four different countries! The topic is one of the most difficult ever, so I need your help!

For this reason I created a blog, ( http://carnelevarium.blogspot.com ) and a page on facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carnelevarium-Culturarum/264050860285550 ) on which you can find a questionnaire about the topic of my research.

I would really appreciate if you could have a look at either one of the questionnaires and complete one of them! On each page (both Facebook's and Blogspot's) you will find all necessary instructions. Just read them carefully and... enjoy your time! It is FUN, and it will not take more than 35 minutes.

I count on YOU!icon_wink.gif

Thanks a lot in advance,
Alessandro

[Modificato alle 2011-09-30 16:06 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2011-09-30 16:06 GMT]

#JuliaC#  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
Hi Alessandro.. Sep 30, 2011

Unfortunately the link to your blog does not work.. If things change I would be glad to help you,

Giulia

Poland
Russian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Broken links now fixed! Sep 30, 2011

thanks giulia for the quick reply

now the links should work, it seems like the html code of the forum went crazy just because I put the brackets immediately next to the address --> (http://...com)

try again, and thx for your help!

a.

Poland
Russian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Broken links now fixed! Sep 30, 2011

thanks giulia for the quick reply

now the links should work, it seems like the html code of the forum went crazy just because I put the brackets immediately next to the address --> (http://...com)

try again, and thx for your help!

a.

giuliacordelli wrote:

Unfortunately the link to your blog does not work.. If things change I would be glad to help you,

Giulia

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I don't get it Sep 30, 2011

I viewed the first video but don't see any questions about it anywhere. If I have to sit through all of them before asking the questions, I'm afraid I'll have forgotten most of their contents or my own initial impressions of them.

As for my reaction to the Mr Bean vid, the funniest thing in it for me was the shop sign in the background: "Le Chip Shop"...

#JuliaC#  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
@Neilmac Sep 30, 2011

I'm doing it. The questions are above the videos..

Poland
Russian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Questions Sep 30, 2011

Was it the blog or the facebook page you were viewing?

Anyway, in both pages you find a 'square', in blue and beige... an embedded version of the questionnaire.... it's pretty straightforward if you read the instructions (I did my super best to make everything easily accessible and understandable)

1) answer the questions in sec.a (personal info)
2) watch video 1, answer question 1 of section b, video 2, question 2 and so on..

neilmac wrote:

I viewed the first video but don't see any questions about it anywhere. If I have to sit through all of them before asking the questions, I'm afraid I'll have forgotten most of their contents or my own initial impressions of them.

As for my reaction to the Mr Bean vid, the funniest thing in it for me was the shop sign in the background: "Le Chip Shop"...

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
You won't be getting a "pure" sample, I'm afraid Sep 30, 2011

There would be things some of us may have seen too much of. Meaning, we'd be missing the "element of surprise in a matrix of expectancy" that Sontag thought was key...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scientific Research on Cinema, Humour and Ethnicity in 4 Countries! I Need U! :)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search