Survey for Public Service Interpreters
Thread poster: nkthorneLeedsMe
Nov 14, 2011

Dear ProZ.com members

Leeds Metropolitan University is conducting research into public service interpreter training in the UK and would appreciate your help in completing a short, anonymous survey on the interpreting industry and interpreter training. We estimate that this should take you no longer than 15 minutes to complete and all data obtained will be subject to data protection laws.

To complete the survey, please follow this link http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=42378ogjqv and complete the survey by 15th December 2011.

If you have any queries about this survey, please contact n.k.thorne (at) leedsmet.ac.uk.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Direct link Reply with quote

Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:18
Italian to English
+ ...
Funding Nov 14, 2011

Hi,

I'm sure you know that there is an ongoing issue with Public Service Interpreting at the moment. Before I complete your survey, could you please tell me who is funding it and also what is the purpose of your research.

thanks

Suzi

nkthorneLeedsMe
TOPIC STARTER
re Funding Nov 15, 2011

Hi Susanna,

Yes, I am aware about the ongoing issue with PSI at the moment.

The survey is funded through a knowledge transfer partnership, which is funded 50% by the Technology Strategy Board and 50% through a company. In this case, the company is thebigword, a Leeds-based LSP. However I must stress that whilst this survey has technically been funded by the KTP, it is being run independently from thebigword and they have not had any input into the survey, nor will they have any involvement following on.

This survey is being run as part of the academic output of the KTP, and will inform an article to be published in a book on PSI next year. If you would like to see the flyer for this book, I would be happy to email it to you. Please contact me on the email address posted in the original post if you'd like to see this.

Thanks,

Nathalie

nkthorneLeedsMe
TOPIC STARTER
Reminder Dec 2, 2011

Thank you to all the PSIs who have completed our survey so far.

We are still keen to gain a solid picture of the PSI industry from the interpreter's point of view, so if you have not yet taken part in the survey, please do so.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey for Public Service Interpreters

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search