Thread poster: italia
italia
italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:37
Italian to German
+ ...
May 17, 2004

Dear fellow interpreters, I am desperately looking for the URL of the above mentioned school, as I have heard that they organize simultaneous/consecutive courses. So far I have not been lucky in finding out any more details. Maybe some of you have already attended such a course and can give me more feedback on it.
TIA for any useful hints!!!

Marie-Elizabeth Bell
Marie-Elizabeth Bell  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Info on this year's Cambridge Interpreting Course May 18, 2004

Hello!

Info is avalaible on the ITI (Institute of Translation and Interpreting - UK) site at
www.iti.org.uk. (Click on 'Events' in the left hand-side list, then on 'Other').

Please note this is a refresher course aimed at practising professional interpreters, not a beginners course.

Kind regards

M-E BELL, MITI

italia
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 18, 2004

M-E Bell, thanks for the info. I have been working as a professional interpreter already for some years.
Maybe there is anyone else who already attended courses at that school and can give me any feedback?
TIA

Carley Hydusik
Carley Hydusik  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:37
Russian to English
+ ...
Definite Thumbs Up May 23, 2004

I attended the course last summer, and I would give it a definite thumbs up. It was challenging, varied, and I think everyone there learned quite a bit. Feel free to send me an email if you would like to hear more.

Hayley Goodstein
Hayley Goodstein  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Maybe not for Italian... May 24, 2004

I went in 2002 and thought it had pros and cons depending on your language combination. In your case, if you're looking to do Italian, I don't believe it's officially offered, although if one of this year's instructors has it as a working language, then it might be worth giving it a try. Here is the website address: www.cciconline.net
I believe the languages offered are German, Russian, French, Spanish a
... See more
I went in 2002 and thought it had pros and cons depending on your language combination. In your case, if you're looking to do Italian, I don't believe it's officially offered, although if one of this year's instructors has it as a working language, then it might be worth giving it a try. Here is the website address: www.cciconline.net
I believe the languages offered are German, Russian, French, Spanish and English.
Collapse

italia
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks to all of you May 25, 2004

Dear all, thanks for your experience you shared with me. I do not think I will attend this course as it definitely does not cover my language combinations and what is more I can not afford it at this stage of my professional career. Maybe there will be a chance within some years for another course:)))
Happy interpreting and take care:)))
Best wishes from Germany

Hayley Goodstein
Hayley Goodstein  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
get ready for 2006... Dec 20, 2004

While the price probably isn't going to come down any, you have time to save up for the 2006 course. It looks like they will be offering Italian. Good luck!

[Edited at 2004-12-20 21:03]

italia
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanxs Jan 3, 2005

Tanxs Hayley for the tip!:))) I will not be able to enroll for next year, as I am planning to do another Master...
Anyway sooner or later....
Happy NEW YEAR TO YOU!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Cambridge International Linguists interpreting courses

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »