BBC Radio 4 "Word of Mouth" programme looks at interpreting
Thread poster: Buzzy
Buzzy
Local time: 06:46
French to English
May 3, 2012

Probably not much to learn for people on Proz, but interesting all the same and may raise some awareness of certain issues!
The programme lasts half an hour and you can listen online for the next few days here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01gvn2h/Word_of_Mouth_Interpreting/

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Very aware... May 3, 2012

You might want to catch up with the discussion: http://www.proz.com/topic/203314

Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:46
Spanish to English
Duh May 3, 2012

I posted this also, sorry. I'm not an interpreter and don't subscribe to this forum, so forgot to think that someone else might have beaten me to it.

Kaisa Azriouli
Finland
Local time: 07:46
Finnish to English
+ ...
About "Word to Mouth"-programme May 3, 2012

Interesting and about the essentials from the process of interpreting; it's far more complicated than mere words would imply and really as psyche attaced as the document tells it to be. None of the factors having their impact on the outcome of interpretation brought out in the programme shouldn't be ignored.

[Edited at 2012-05-03 19:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-03 19:55 GMT]

Buzzy
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
"Duh" myself May 4, 2012

Lesley, I didn't see your post! Maybe mine was being "moderated" when you posted?
I'm an occasional interpreter for the court in France, but didn't know all that much about the situation in the UK. Thanks Parrot for the link.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BBC Radio 4 "Word of Mouth" programme looks at interpreting

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search