Which school should I go to in japan if I want to be an interepreter/translator
Thread poster: alysha_123
United States
Jan 21, 2014

I'm going to move to Japan soon (maybe in a couple months) and I'm trying to look for translating schools to go to for when I move there but I don't want to be wasting my time by taking classes or going to schools I don't need to be taking.
So Im asking you guys, what school should I go to? I want to go somewhere where I can just study Japanese and maybe get some kind of license of some sort for translating (or foreign language? not sure what they call it)
Is it really better to go to college and get a degree? or is getting a license better? Because I feel like I would learn much more by going to a school that teaches just Japanese...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which school should I go to in japan if I want to be an interepreter/translator

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search