interpreter wanabe
Thread poster: iman70
iman70
Local time: 18:56
English to Arabic
Dec 14, 2004

hi.I would like to know if it is possible to start a career in iterpretation with my qualifications:bachelor in science,an MBA student,I have attended a 2 week long intensive simulataious interpretation course and found out it is the job for me. How can i persue this as a career?thanx

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:56
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not too sure about your combination Dec 29, 2004

but the road is long and quite hard. There are several ways. One is attending a Master's in interpretation (scout for schools with respected practitioners as teachers), and another way is getting trained in an official capacity (with such government 'client' organizations as Defense, Tourism, Justice, etc., who usually have training staff in case they need new people; they usually have qualification criteria). On the basis of what you say, I can't offer any more ideas.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpreter wanabe

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search