"Relief" Interpreting
Thread poster: ultramar

ultramar
United States
Nov 17, 2014

Hi there,

I'm a certified Spanish medical interpreter (CMI) currently living/working in Boston and considering relocating to California.

I've noticed a few job openings (especially at Stanford Hospital) for 'relief' interpreters -I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experience of doing this: how often you get work as relief, for how long at a time, under what circumstances? (i.e. if you will often substitute for a staff interpreter who is on a week-long vacation, or often only a day at a time if they happened to be short-staffed, etc.).

In Boston, we don't have the position of 'relief interpreter,' or not per se -any information would be invaluable.

Thanks in advance!
Jennifer

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask Nov 18, 2014

Ask Stanford Hospital, there they can give you the answer. The crowd cannot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Relief" Interpreting

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search