Continuation of professional development
Thread poster: MartaJ

MartaJ
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:54
English to Polish
Jul 18, 2015

Hi,

Can a fellow interpreter in a law area in any language pair recommend an event or a training or another form of a continuation of professional development suitable to the requirements and specifics of the practiced area. Interpreting is a relatively fresh profession to me, dating the commencement of a business back to 2012.

I wish to hear back only from likewise fellow interpreters or from senior interpreters, ideally the leaders.

Regards

Marta Jeziorska DPSI

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 18:54
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
YouTube materials Jul 20, 2015

MartaJ wrote:

Can a fellow interpreter in a law area in any language pair recommend an event or a training or another form of a continuation of professional development suitable to the requirements and specifics of the practiced area. Interpreting is a relatively fresh profession to me, dating the commencement of a business back to 2012.

Marta Jeziorska DPSI

Right now plenty of YouTube materials are quite good to practice listening, hearing, interpreting and specific context study [e.g. legal settings] to develop my professional capabilities.

Soonthon L.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Continuation of professional development

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search