Interpreting at a wedding (rates)
Thread poster: MillaSol

MillaSol
United States
English to Portuguese
Aug 4, 2015

Hello Folks!

I'm posting here to ask you for some advice regarding an unusual interpretation job I'll have in September. I used to teach Portuguese to this couple because they have a son who will marry a Brazilian woman. Then I've done some translations for them (letters to Brazil, party invitations). Now, they are inviting me to attend the wedding and interpret (Eng-Pt/ Pt-Eng) for them and some of their family members, plus help with their speech.

My question will be regarding my rates and travel expenses (I live at the suburbs and I'll take the train to the city). I guess the best thing is charging per hour... Please share your thoughts.

Thank you,
Milla

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting at a wedding (rates)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search