Removing interpreting services from profile
Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:11
Member (2015)
German to English
May 23, 2016

I have had a number of requests for interpreting servies but as far as I am aware I hadn't actually offered these. Since the last request mentioned that I was on the list of interpretors, I checked and my name does appear.

How exactly can I alter my profile to remove the interpreting service as I can still only see translation/editing/proofreading next to my name?

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrea Muller  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:11
English to German
+ ...
Bug? May 23, 2016

I am only listed as a translator, but like you my name comes up when carrying out a search for interpreters. Don't think I ever got any interpreting offers though.

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I think it may be in the category listing for account type May 23, 2016

Somewhere or other you can select the option for "I am a translator and/or interpreter with no option to delete interpreter.

Loreta Saddi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:11
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Send a Support Request May 23, 2016

Send an email to Support. They will help you with that. It's easier than posting here..

http://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask&sp_sub_mode=ticket_submit

Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Loreta but May 23, 2016

I started the support request process but it would seem it is the directory itself that is the problem.

Translators and interpreters are lumped together in the same directory and I suppose it is up to the client to then vet the individual's profile to see if they do actually offer that service.

Seems a little odd as the client can specifically target interpreters in the search field but the results are not filtered. Guess I have to put up with slightly disgruntled replies to my rejecting their requests.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing interpreting services from profile

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search