problems encountered by translators working in the tourism field
Thread poster: lavinia_snte
lavinia_snte
English
Apr 1, 2005

I need to write a paper on problems encountered by translators working in the tourism field,and on the strategies and transfer solutions used to overcome them.As I don't work in the field,I don't know what those problems are,I can only immagine that they can,for instance,arrise from the cultural differences between the tourists' countries and the country that they are visiting.If any of you know more on this subject than I do,can you please help me?My e-mail is lavinia_snte@yahoo.fr

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Translation or interpreting? Apr 2, 2005

As you posted your request in the interpretation forum I wonder, if you mean difficulties when interpreting?
Regards
Heinrich

lavinia_snte
English
TOPIC STARTER
both Apr 2, 2005

I have posted my request in the interpretation forum because someone suggested me to do so.But I meant difficulties both when translating and when interpreting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems encountered by translators working in the tourism field

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search