Will we get paid if there are non-working days during interpretation period?
Thread poster: nathasitha

nathasitha  Identity Verified
Thailand
Member (2013)
Thai to English
+ ...
Oct 5

Refer to my question, Will we get paid if there are non-working days during interpretation period?

I have been contacted for working from (1)24-25 November (2) 29-30 Nov. Is it possible if I ask for accommodation, meals and partial of interpretation rate?

Thx

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Portocarrero  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 19:37
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
depends on your client's budget Oct 25

Hello,

If I live in the same town as the interpretation then I only charge from Monday to Friday.

I have an assignment abroad for 1 month. There will be Saturdays and Sundays and the client is only paying for lodging and meals on weekends and my daily rate is based only on 20 business days in that month.
They have been my customers for many years so I am happy not to charge on the weekends.

Regards,

L.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Will we get paid if there are non-working days during interpretation period?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search