Courses for Conference Interpreting other than a 2 year MA? (Also, insurance.)
Thread poster: Tell-it-como-es

Tell-it-como-es  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:31
Spanish to English
Nov 20, 2017

Are there any courses which train in conference interpreting other than the MA? Someone mentioned that if you get a merit or distinction in the DPSI that might be enough (but we have no training in interpreting technology on that course, so unsure how that would work).

Also, I have been approached independently to do interpreting work in the medical field and would like info on what insurance I should get. I am already with 2 agencies but assignments are not regular or long enough for me. I am wanting more work in general. I am unsure what the going rate would be for an independent interpreter with a BA in Hispanic Studies. Agencies are paying between £13 and £16 an hour at the moment and travel is only included over 30 miles and parking on request sometimes. I am just trying to plan and look ahead.

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Courses for Conference Interpreting other than a 2 year MA? (Also, insurance.)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search