https://www.proz.com/forum/interpreting/326825-what_to_include_in_or_leave_out_of_an_interpreter_cv_assignment_and_client_details.html

What to include in (or leave out of) an Interpreter CV? Assignment and client details?
Thread poster: RossFerguson
RossFerguson
RossFerguson
Local time: 02:12
French to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2018

Hello colleagues,

I'm writing this post as I have a question about what to include (or not) on a C.V.

This might seem obvious to the more experienced members among us but I have a few doubts about the exact amount of detail to include on a C.V.

If you work with an agency, do you detail each assignment with the name of the end client, and the type of service given, i.e. "Liaison interpreting on [date] at [company] dealing with [subject]. Or do you anonymise
... See more
Hello colleagues,

I'm writing this post as I have a question about what to include (or not) on a C.V.

This might seem obvious to the more experienced members among us but I have a few doubts about the exact amount of detail to include on a C.V.

If you work with an agency, do you detail each assignment with the name of the end client, and the type of service given, i.e. "Liaison interpreting on [date] at [company] dealing with [subject]. Or do you anonymise the name of the end client to say you have worked with [the agency]?

I'm curious as one agency in particular has given me lots of interpreting assingments over the past year and I don't know whether to reference the end clients, and detail each assignment or to group everything under the name of the agency...

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Happy interpreting... and translating,
Ross
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to include in (or leave out of) an Interpreter CV? Assignment and client details?

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »