English Proficiency Test for Court Interpreters in New York
Thread poster: brookfield5
brookfield5
English to Russian
Sep 21, 2005

Hi,
I live in New York and work as a Court Interpreter even though I never had to take the exam... Now they require us to do so. I'll have to take a wrtitten test (English Proficiency Test) first... What seems a little weird to me, is that it will have nothing to do with legal terminology or whatsoever... at least, that's what I've been told.

Does anybody know what this test consists of, where I can find questions or what book I should use to prepare for the test?

Thank you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-09-22 06:46]

Direct link Reply with quote

Christina Courtright  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Contact the NY State person in charge Sep 22, 2005

According to the Web site of the National Center for State Courts (www.ncsconline.org), your contact person is:

Sandra Bryan
Coordinator Court Interpreting Services Office of Court Administration
NYS Unified Court System
25 Beaver Street
New York, NY 10004
646/386-5630
Fax 212-428-2768
courtinterpreter@courts.state.ny.us

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English Proficiency Test for Court Interpreters in New York

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search