Thread poster: chaplin

chaplin
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:38
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 31, 2005

I am about to embark on this course run by Normanton Regeneration Centre in Derby. I have to pay half the fee and would like to hear about Tutors based in Sheffield who are supposed to take the course. How do I find out if they have the proper qualifications?
Thank you for your help.
Have a good day everyone
Regards
Ségolène

Direct link Reply with quote

Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Proper qualification? Oct 31, 2005

Hi!!!
I don't know anyone I am afraid but I wonder what you mean with 'proper qualification'. Do you know what qualifications these tutors are supposed to have?
I have heard that some of them do not have the DPSI themselves but then is that kind of compulsory? they may have experience instead? Just a thought...
Good luck.

chaplin
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There must be a prerequisite to teach interpreting Nov 1, 2005

Jesus Marin wrote:

Hi!!!
I don't know anyone I am afraid but I wonder what you mean with 'proper qualification'. Do you know what qualifications these tutors are supposed to have?
I have heard that some of them do not have the DPSI themselves but then is that kind of compulsory? they may have experience instead? Just a thought...
Good luck.
I am trying to find what is required as I believe experience alone is not enough. I expect to learn skills.
Thanks for your answer
have a good day sunny here in Derby
Hasta luego
Ségolène

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Diploma in Public Service Interpreting in Derby

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search