Swearing an statement in the UK
Thread poster: Jesús Marín Mateos

Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 4, 2005

Hi everyone!!!!
This is specially for those who do interpreting in the UK legal system.
Last week after many years doing interpreting I had to swear a statement with the client I interpreted for, which means after interpreting for him his statement we had to go to another solicitor to swear the document and this experience made me question 2 things:
- There was a paragraph with my name on it and I had to sign it to confirm everything had been interpreted and the client had understood the content of this document. I wonder if when you do this you get paid some supplement for it.
- The swearing was done in English and my client kind of understood a bit so I wasn't too bothered but I wonder if this should be done in your language. I guess however you do it at the end the client must repeat the word in English. Am I right?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Jesús.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Swearing an statement in the UK

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search