U.S. State Department Exams
Thread poster: Jonathan Sanders
Jonathan Sanders  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:34
Sep 7, 2006

Hello everyone,

I have applied to take the U.S. State Department interpreting exams, and hope to test at least at a seminar, and if possible, a conference level. If you've taken the exam, can you offer any tips or advice about what I can do and what I might expect?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Direct link Reply with quote

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:34
Flemish to English
+ ...
Streaming Sep 7, 2006

On the website of the European Parliament, you can find the streaming of the sessions of the E.P. , also from your working languages into English. You might use these sessions for practise purposes.
Don't know whether in the US, the State Dept. will test you on consec. and simultaneous.
I do know that for the E.U. you have to pass a test of 8 minutes of consecutive and 12 of simultaneous interpreting.

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:34
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Link Sep 7, 2006

Jonathan Sanders wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have applied to take the U.S. State Department interpreting exams, and hope to test at least at a seminar, and if possible, a conference level. If you've taken the exam, can you offer any tips or advice about what I can do and what I might expect?

Thanks,
Jonathan

-----------------------
Would you kindly provide the link? I have taken the Consortium and the FCICE written tests and will take the oral tests next year but although many people mention the State Dept. test I have not been able to find the right link.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

U.S. State Department Exams

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search