U.S. State Department Exams
Thread poster: Jonathan Sanders (X)
Jonathan Sanders (X)
Jonathan Sanders (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:36
Sep 7, 2006

Hello everyone,

I have applied to take the U.S. State Department interpreting exams, and hope to test at least at a seminar, and if possible, a conference level. If you've taken the exam, can you offer any tips or advice about what I can do and what I might expect?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:36
Flemish to English
+ ...
Streaming Sep 7, 2006

On the website of the European Parliament, you can find the streaming of the sessions of the E.P. , also from your working languages into English. You might use these sessions for practise purposes.
Don't know whether in the US, the State Dept. will test you on consec. and simultaneous.
I do know that for the E.U. you have to pass a test of 8 minutes of consecutive and 12 of simultaneous interpreting.

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:36
English to Spanish
Link Sep 7, 2006

Jonathan Sanders wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have applied to take the U.S. State Department interpreting exams, and hope to test at least at a seminar, and if possible, a conference level. If you've taken the exam, can you offer any tips or advice about what I can do and what I might expect?

Thanks,
Jonathan

-----------------------
Would you kindly provide the link? I have taken the Consortium and the FCICE written tests and will take the oral tests next year but although many people mention the State Dept. test I have not been able to find the right link.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

U.S. State Department Exams

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »