Thread poster: Kati Bumbera

Kati Bumbera  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:01
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Oct 23, 2006

Hello,

can anyone please recommend any websites, forums etc. where I could read about interpreting in Spain (what qualifications are needed and where/how to get them, how's the job market, epxeriences, stories etc.)?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Silvia Oviedo Lopez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interpreting in Spain. Nov 17, 2006

Hi,

Interpreting in Spain, I suppose, is much like in any other European country (at least to my knowledge.)
Since the recent increase in immigration there is a need for interpreters in hospitals/courts/police stations, but the languages needed are mainly those of the immigrants (east-european languages, arabic, french, english, chinese, etc.)
I have a degree in Translation&Interpreting (2nd webpage), and have been at conferences a couple of times.
I suppose that after some years you can make a living, but most of the interpreters I know (myself included) have parallel jobs.
You can also become a certified interpreter by the ministry of foreign affairs (via translation&interpreting degree or via official exam).
Anyway, you don't need any qualification apart from Secondary School to work.
Maybe you'd like to check these links:
http://espaiic.es/textos/index.html
http://www.cesfelipesegundo.com/netscape/menu2/mainhome2.html#llti

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting in Spain - info needed por favor

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search