ProZ.com autumn conference series: Speakers on interpreting-related topics required
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:55
English to German
Jul 30, 2007

Dear All

Many of you are probably aware of the upcoming regional conferences in Montreal (Canada), Aix-en-Provence (France) and Dortmund (Germany).

While each conference has a couple of focus topics, for which several sessions will be run, there will still be plenty of other sessions that should appeal to a wider audience.

In the past, there have never been many sessions specifically aimed at interpreters and I'm hoping this will change starting with the t
... See more
Dear All

Many of you are probably aware of the upcoming regional conferences in Montreal (Canada), Aix-en-Provence (France) and Dortmund (Germany).

While each conference has a couple of focus topics, for which several sessions will be run, there will still be plenty of other sessions that should appeal to a wider audience.

In the past, there have never been many sessions specifically aimed at interpreters and I'm hoping this will change starting with the three autumn sessions. So if you are considering attending any of these events, you may also want to consider running a session on an interpreting-related subject. This could be a focus-group, a presentation or a workshop and you may run the session in either French (Montreal and Aix), German (Dortmund) or English.

If you would like to run a session, please get in touch with the organisers of the appropriate conference.

On the other hand, if you have any suggestions for sessions for interpreters, please enter them in the Program Suggestions forum of the relevant conference.

Here are the links to the 3 conference websites:

Canada
France
Germany

If you have any questions, please contact me directly or send an e-mail to the appropriate conference e-mail address. The local organisers and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Rebekka
ProZ.com Conference Planning and Development
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com autumn conference series: Speakers on interpreting-related topics required

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »