https://www.proz.com/forum/interpreting/96470-lets_share_some_occupational_remedies.html

Let's share some occupational remedies
Thread poster: Parrot
Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2008

This has been turning around in my head for sometime now, but it wasn't until I came down with a bad case of booth cramp that I decided to ask you all and invite you to share your remedies.

We often can't do anything about the fact that interpreters are seldom consulted when people decide to remodel lecture and meeting rooms. The last booth I was in had no direct vision and can only be charitably described as a gas chamber with lots of cables. Needless to say, after one day in it, I
... See more
This has been turning around in my head for sometime now, but it wasn't until I came down with a bad case of booth cramp that I decided to ask you all and invite you to share your remedies.

We often can't do anything about the fact that interpreters are seldom consulted when people decide to remodel lecture and meeting rooms. The last booth I was in had no direct vision and can only be charitably described as a gas chamber with lots of cables. Needless to say, after one day in it, I had a dreadful case of muscle pains, brought about by having to share one small table and screen with my colleague in the inverse and the sound technician (apparently, it was the sound technician's booth to begin with). Apart from a generous dose of analgesics, what do you resort to when this happens?

For my part, I can contribute a recipe for tired throats or for just before an assignment: peel a piece of ginger about the size of your thumb, chop it into bits and boil them in a saucepan. You can also add mint or tea to make it more interesting. Strain the hot liquid into a mug and add honey to taste. It does wonders for the vocal chords.

Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Put both hands on your head Feb 8, 2008

This works for me because it makes me stretch and it makes me straighten up.

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Marijke Feb 8, 2008

In fact, I was stretching for 2 days after...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Let's share some occupational remedies

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »