P.IVA Italiana se residente all'estero?
Thread poster: simona dachille
simona dachille
simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:19
Italian to English
Mar 18, 2009

Is it possible to open a P.IVA in Italy if you reside in the UK?
I am asking because I live in London but work for both Italian and English companies. My Italian clients have always accepted my invoices which have my UK address as I pay taxes in the UK. But now the client that gives me the most work has asked me to open a PIVA in Italy as they have to show they are paying someone who lives in Italy?
As far as I knew it was better for Italian companies that i paid my tax in the UK as
... See more
Is it possible to open a P.IVA in Italy if you reside in the UK?
I am asking because I live in London but work for both Italian and English companies. My Italian clients have always accepted my invoices which have my UK address as I pay taxes in the UK. But now the client that gives me the most work has asked me to open a PIVA in Italy as they have to show they are paying someone who lives in Italy?
As far as I knew it was better for Italian companies that i paid my tax in the UK as they then didn't have to pay any contributions for me. But this client is insisting.
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:19
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
La partita IVA si apre nel Paese in cui si risiede Mar 18, 2009

Ciao Simona,

ti rispondo in italiano visto che hai pubblicato sul forum italiano. La partita IVA si apre nel Paese in cui si risiede, a prescindere dal Paese di domicilio dei clienti.

Non puoi aprire una partita IVA in un Paese diverso da quello in cui risiedi e paghi le imposte. Non capisco come un cliente italiano possa chiedere a un contribuente estero di aprire una partita IVA in Italia e quali sarebbero i vantaggi per lui e per te.

Tra l'altro, non ess
... See more
Ciao Simona,

ti rispondo in italiano visto che hai pubblicato sul forum italiano. La partita IVA si apre nel Paese in cui si risiede, a prescindere dal Paese di domicilio dei clienti.

Non puoi aprire una partita IVA in un Paese diverso da quello in cui risiedi e paghi le imposte. Non capisco come un cliente italiano possa chiedere a un contribuente estero di aprire una partita IVA in Italia e quali sarebbero i vantaggi per lui e per te.

Tra l'altro, non essendo contribuente italiano non ti devono manco pagare il 4% sull'importo della fattura. Quale sarebbe la loro argomentazione?

Buona serata

Giuliana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

P.IVA Italiana se residente all'estero?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »