texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:11
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 15, 2010

Gentili colleghi,

avrei bisogno di un consiglio per un noioso problema con Trados (versione 8.0).
Sto lavorando a un progetto piuttosto corposo, e nei vari file alcune frasi sono in grassetto, altre no.

Per qualche misterioso motivo quando apro i segmenti appare tutto in grassetto.

Finché si tratta di nuovi segmenti posso accorgermene subito e rimediare immediatamente (anche questa una scocciatura estrema!), ma il problema principale si verifica co
... See more
Gentili colleghi,

avrei bisogno di un consiglio per un noioso problema con Trados (versione 8.0).
Sto lavorando a un progetto piuttosto corposo, e nei vari file alcune frasi sono in grassetto, altre no.

Per qualche misterioso motivo quando apro i segmenti appare tutto in grassetto.

Finché si tratta di nuovi segmenti posso accorgermene subito e rimediare immediatamente (anche questa una scocciatura estrema!), ma il problema principale si verifica con translate to fuzzy, perché alla fine ho tutto in grassetto (!!!).

Il solo pensiero di dover confrontare ogni frase con l’originale alla fine del lavoro mi fa venire i brividi (e la gran voglia di esplodere con qualche improperio...non proprio ladylike, diciamo così...nei confronti del programma).

Vi è mai capitato? Come avete risolto, eventualmente?

Esiste un rimedio o sono condannata ai lavori forzati?

Grazie in anticipo

B.

PS. Moderators, please feel free to move the thread to the Italian section if more appropriate. Thank you.

[Edited at 2010-09-15 22:37 GMT]
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 17:11
French to German
+ ...
Which document format and editor ? Sep 16, 2010

You did not mention the type of document you are translating (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and you also did not specify which editor you have been using.

If you refer to a Word document that you translate directly in Word, this problem may occur due to direct character formatting that the author has applied in the source document.

I suggest that you open the document in Tag Editor and do the translation there. You should not face this problem then.

Wal
... See more
You did not mention the type of document you are translating (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and you also did not specify which editor you have been using.

If you refer to a Word document that you translate directly in Word, this problem may occur due to direct character formatting that the author has applied in the source document.

I suggest that you open the document in Tag Editor and do the translation there. You should not face this problem then.

Walter

P.S.: Si prega di notare che la lingua di questo forum è l'inglese.
Collapse

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:11
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Stai usando word? Sep 16, 2010

Ciao Tex

Che cosa stai usando? Word? E stai usando tag editor oppure no?

A volte capita ma se usi tag editor (come suggerisce Walter)poi il risultato finale dovrebbe essere corretto.

Facci sapere

Ciao!

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:11
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Grazie Sep 16, 2010

I documenti sono .doc e, come indicato forse poco chiaramente nel titolo, sto utilizzando Workbench (WB).

Subito dopo aver postato mi sono accorta di aver sbagliato lingua o forum, ma ormai era troppo tardi e ho dovuto aspettare il gentile soccorso della moderatrice. Sorry!

Grazie per il consiglio di utilizzare Tag Editor, non ci avevo pensato in effetti.

Buona giornata e buon lavoro.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In WB i segmenti aperti appaiono tutti in grassetto

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »