https://www.proz.com/forum/italian/20988-non_professional_help_with_proofreading.html

Off topic: 'Non-professional' help with proofreading.
Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:30
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 6, 2004

I have at long last composed a letter to send to my son's Italian grandparents. They do'n't, as far as I know, know of his existance. Some of my son's uncles and aunts do though.
My Italian is quite OK, but it's not one of my working languages. I've had an Italian friend proofread the letter and his responce was 'great'. Only he's no linguist and having lived all his life in the UK, he might have missed cultural differences, grandparents live in Naples.
Anyone prepared to read throug
... See more
I have at long last composed a letter to send to my son's Italian grandparents. They do'n't, as far as I know, know of his existance. Some of my son's uncles and aunts do though.
My Italian is quite OK, but it's not one of my working languages. I've had an Italian friend proofread the letter and his responce was 'great'. Only he's no linguist and having lived all his life in the UK, he might have missed cultural differences, grandparents live in Naples.
Anyone prepared to read through my short, less than a page, letter for free?
Collapse

Italian to English
+ ...
I could check your letter May 11, 2004

I am an Italian girl from Tuscany; I just graduated in English. My mother is from South of Italy and I usually traslate the letters she receive from USA.
I could look at your letter, if you like!
Angelica

Katherine Zei
Katherine Zei  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:30
Italian to English
+ ...
Benvenuti! May 31, 2004

Ciao a tutte' due! Non c'è un forum in italiano per i "benvenuti", quindi colgo l'occasione per salutare la nuova collega 111 e salutare Madeleine che non ho mai visto in giro.

Ciao!
Katy Zei

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Non-professional' help with proofreading.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »