How many words in a legal "Cartella" (average, obviously)
Thread poster: Iván Madrigal

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:49
English to Spanish
Apr 26, 2007

Hi, I need to give a price for translations as:
"la tariffa per traduzioni a cartella."
I am used to charge by word, but this italian company just asked me to give them a price by cartella. I know that a cartella consists of a full page with 25/30 lines and 1600 or 1800 characters...
Does anyone have an idea of how many words per average is that? Or an standard stimated price per cartella for Italian into Spanish translations?

Thanks for your help, everyone!
I

Direct link Reply with quote

Elena Bellucci
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Not only 1600 ch Apr 26, 2007

Actually, as far as I know a standard cartella is 1500 characters (spaces included).
There may be some differences if you are talking about literary translation (in this case you have 1800 or 2000 characters) or for some associations. You better specify that your quote refers to a cartella with XXXX characters with/without spaces
A good converter can be found here:
http://www.amtrad.it/feewizardol.php

Letizia Musso  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
tariffometro di Simon Turner Apr 26, 2007

Hola Ivan:

you can take a look at:
http://www.turner.it/tariffometro.htm

There, you can find all the information you need about the number of words per page, prices etc...

Hope it helps,

Letizia

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias chicos! Apr 26, 2007

Muy amables, me son muy útiles ambas respuestas y enlaces.

Grazie,
Iván

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many words in a legal "Cartella" (average, obviously)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search