How many words in a legal "Cartella" (average, obviously)
Thread poster: Iván Madrigal (X)
Iván Madrigal (X)
Iván Madrigal (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:15
English to Spanish
Apr 26, 2007

Hi, I need to give a price for translations as:
"la tariffa per traduzioni a cartella."
I am used to charge by word, but this italian company just asked me to give them a price by cartella. I know that a cartella consists of a full page with 25/30 lines and 1600 or 1800 characters...
Does anyone have an idea of how many words per average is that? Or an standard stimated price per cartella for Italian into Spanish translations?

Thanks for your help, everyone!
... See more
Hi, I need to give a price for translations as:
"la tariffa per traduzioni a cartella."
I am used to charge by word, but this italian company just asked me to give them a price by cartella. I know that a cartella consists of a full page with 25/30 lines and 1600 or 1800 characters...
Does anyone have an idea of how many words per average is that? Or an standard stimated price per cartella for Italian into Spanish translations?

Thanks for your help, everyone!
I
Collapse

Elena Bellucci
Elena Bellucci
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Not only 1600 ch Apr 26, 2007

Actually, as far as I know a standard cartella is 1500 characters (spaces included).
There may be some differences if you are talking about literary translation (in this case you have 1800 or 2000 characters) or for some associations. You better specify that your quote refers to a cartella with XXXX characters with/without spaces
A go
... See more
Actually, as far as I know a standard cartella is 1500 characters (spaces included).
There may be some differences if you are talking about literary translation (in this case you have 1800 or 2000 characters) or for some associations. You better specify that your quote refers to a cartella with XXXX characters with/without spaces
A good converter can be found here:
http://www.amtrad.it/feewizardol.php
Collapse

Letizia Musso
Letizia Musso  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
tariffometro di Simon Turner Apr 26, 2007

Hola Ivan:

you can take a look at:
http://www.turner.it/tariffometro.htm

There, you can find all the information you need about the number of words per page, prices etc...

Hope it helps,

Letizia

Iván Madrigal (X)
Iván Madrigal (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias chicos! Apr 26, 2007

Muy amables, me son muy útiles ambas respuestas y enlaces.

Grazie,
Iván

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many words in a legal "Cartella" (average, obviously)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »