Hepburn romaji - how can I put the bar over the extended vowels?
Thread poster: Ellen Kapusniak (X)
Ellen Kapusniak (X)
Ellen Kapusniak (X)
Local time: 23:41
Japanese to English
Feb 24, 2003

I teach Japanese as well as translate, and I need to write class materials in romaji occasionally. I wondered if any of you guys knew of a way to put the bar over the extended vowel sounds (aa,ou etc.) that is needed when using hepburn romaji using MS Word 2000. I have the Japanese IME installed if this is any help. At the moment I have to put in these bars manually before copying materials, and it doesn\'t look too good.

horse
horse
Local time: 08:41
English to Japanese
+ ...
bars Feb 24, 2003

Although I never use them myself, you can find them in the 挿入 pull down menu. In my case, it¥'s Word 98 but I would expect 2000 is quite similar. (this is just a guess) Anyway, I found the alphabet with the bars over them in the 記号と特殊文字 in the MS P明朝 font. Have I been of any help ? Hope so !

Ellen Kapusniak (X)
Ellen Kapusniak (X)
Local time: 23:41
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
ありがとう! Feb 26, 2003

Brilliant! Now why couldn\'t I find it myself... doh!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hepburn romaji - how can I put the bar over the extended vowels?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »