Thread poster: krishna mallick
krishna mallick
krishna mallick
India
Local time: 10:59
Japanese to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2002

Some body please enlighten me on ICHITARO. I have heard it often, but could not get a proper explanation of it till now. and let me also know how it is used.

Su Ming Tai
Su Ming Tai
Japanese to English
+ ...
Possible answer to 'what is ICHITARO' Aug 14, 2002

Hi!

If I\'m not mistaken, ICHITARO is a word processor software for Japanese language. It was very popular back when computers were using MS-DOS or early versions of Windows (early to mid 90\'s). I used it during my school days in Japan. Nowadays, MS-Word (part of MS-Office) tends to be more popular, I think.

Hope that answer your question.

bd2016
bd2016
United States
Local time: 01:29
English to Japanese
Japanese word-processor Aug 15, 2002

It is the software made by JustSystems in Tokusima Japan. It works like Ms-word and very popular untill 5 years ago in Japan. Their Japanese Kana-kanji conversion software included in Ichitaro is excellent.

please see http://www.justsystem.com/

for more info.

krishna mallick
krishna mallick
India
Local time: 10:59
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
can we use it even now? Aug 16, 2002

Can the ICHITARO be used even now? Can we install it in our system which already has MS office? What are the other uses?

bd2016
bd2016
United States
Local time: 01:29
English to Japanese
Can use with Ms-word Aug 16, 2002

Yes, Ichitaro is still used now and you can use with Ms-office installed computer. You even can open the .doc in Ichitaro. Other use canbe as a Japanese grammer checker.

Quote:

On 2002-08-16 04:36, aikokujin wrote:

Can the ICHITARO be used even now? Can we install it in our system which already has MS office? What are the other uses?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what is ICHITARO?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »