DTPプロフェショナルの探し方
Thread poster: Nobuo Kameyama
Nobuo Kameyama
Nobuo Kameyama  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:32
English to Japanese
Aug 30, 2007

ここ1~2年は海外との取引が増えてきており、それはそれで大変有り難いことなのですが、翻訳だけではなくDTPもやって欲しいという翻訳会社(やはりヨーロッパの翻訳会社。日本語が分かるスタッフはいない)が最近出てきました。具体的には翻訳会社のお客様であるヨーロッパの機械系メーカーが、年四回発行している対外向けの企業誌を、AdobeのInDesignで翻訳�... See more
ここ1~2年は海外との取引が増えてきており、それはそれで大変有り難いことなのですが、翻訳だけではなくDTPもやって欲しいという翻訳会社(やはりヨーロッパの翻訳会社。日本語が分かるスタッフはいない)が最近出てきました。具体的には翻訳会社のお客様であるヨーロッパの機械系メーカーが、年四回発行している対外向けの企業誌を、AdobeのInDesignで翻訳・DTPをして欲しいというものです。しかし、私の場合はDTPの体験がない上に、InDesignといったDTP専用ソフトも所有していません。そこで翻訳会社と相談の上、InDesignを駆使できる日本人を探し出し、私がワードなどに訳文を入力し、その訳文をもとにInDesignで編集をお願いするという形をとることにしました。

そこで以下についてご教示願います。
・InDesignで編集できる日本人を募集するにあたり、良い人材募集のサイトをご存じの方は教えてください。
・その他、知人友人でInDesignによる編集の仕事を引き受けてくださる方がいましたら紹介していただければ幸いです。

以上、宜しくお願い致します。

[Edited at 2007-08-30 23:22]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:32
SITE FOUNDER
Try the ProZ.com directory, for one thing Aug 30, 2007

Hello Kameyama-san,

For one thing, you can try the ProZ.com directory. There are translators here who can do the DTP work, or perhaps give you advice.

The following link shows results when you include the keyword "InDesign" in the search for English to Japanese translators:
... See more
Hello Kameyama-san,

For one thing, you can try the ProZ.com directory. There are translators here who can do the DTP work, or perhaps give you advice.

The following link shows results when you include the keyword "InDesign" in the search for English to Japanese translators:

http://www.proz.com/directory/?to=jpn&from=eng&pair_emphasis=3&native=na&type=na&country=®ion_list=na&city_list=na&cred=na&software=na&avail=na&keyword=InDesign&nshow=25&expertise=working&location=&mode=view&orderby=kudoz&direction=DESC&numplat=2&numnonplat=9&nshow=25&start=0

You could try other keywords, such as "DTP". If necessary, please notice the "next" link to get to the second set of results, ie. those who are non-paying site users.

Regards,
Henry
Collapse

Nobuo Kameyama
Nobuo Kameyama  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:32
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, I will try the ProZ.com directory Aug 30, 2007

Henry-san, thank you for your precious pieces of advice. You know, I happened to read some of your articles on ProZ.com translation articles yesterday so it was kind of surprise that I got advice from you! I really think that your articles are so helpful and I feel like reading them again soon.
http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/authors/1/Henry-D

Now I
... See more
Henry-san, thank you for your precious pieces of advice. You know, I happened to read some of your articles on ProZ.com translation articles yesterday so it was kind of surprise that I got advice from you! I really think that your articles are so helpful and I feel like reading them again soon.
http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/authors/1/Henry-D

Now I did not know that I could find ProZ.com fellows who had InDesign that way. Let me try the ProZ.com directory right away.

Arigato!

Regards

Nobuo Kameyama

p.s.
I did not know that you could read Japanese…!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DTPプロフェショナルの探し方

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »