Is anyone using KudoZ.net and DejaVu together? Strange error message...
Thread poster: Amy Taylor
Amy Taylor
Amy Taylor  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:27
Italian to English
Apr 29, 2003

Whenever I perform actions in DejaVu that require Word macros to run, I get a message saying that \"Word cannot save this file because it is open elsewhere (KudoZ.dot)\" I can\'t see that I\'ve lost any functionality, but I don\'t understand why this happens. First of all, KudoZ.Net is not running when I get the message, and secondly, why does KudoZ.net create a Word template in the first place? Any suggestions welcome!!

Amy Taylor

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:27
English to German
Word toolbar of KudoZ.NET is probably running Apr 29, 2003

Hi Amy,

even if KudoZ.NET itself is not running the KudoZnet.dot can be active, if the Word toolbar of KudoZ.NET is installed.

Please check what happens when you uninstall the Word toolbar. Start KudoZ.NET, go to the settings tab, click the button \"Install Add-ins\", and uninstall the Word toolbar. Thereafter, the \"KudoZnet.dot\" will not be active anymore.

Best regards

Hermann

Amy Taylor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bingo! Apr 29, 2003

Thanks Hermann.

That was it. I\'ve turned it off as I work in DejaVu and won\'t need a Word toolbar. I enjoy using KudoZ though.

(Any chance we\'ll be able to choose another browser for display at some point? I\'m an Opera user...)

Thanks again

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Opera etc. Apr 30, 2003

Hi Amy,

in the latest version of KudoZ.NET 1.2 the standard browser is invoked when a browser is launched to display links. Maybe, this does not work for Opera. I will check.

By the way, are you happy with Opera? When I made the new Internet search pages I noticed that the Internet Explorer works better. E.g. one advanced feature of the Internet search does not work in Opera and Netscape: When you click on the tabs in the IE the results are shown much fa
... See more
Hi Amy,

in the latest version of KudoZ.NET 1.2 the standard browser is invoked when a browser is launched to display links. Maybe, this does not work for Opera. I will check.

By the way, are you happy with Opera? When I made the new Internet search pages I noticed that the Internet Explorer works better. E.g. one advanced feature of the Internet search does not work in Opera and Netscape: When you click on the tabs in the IE the results are shown much faster than in Opera and Netscape.

Hermann
Collapse

Amy Taylor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Using Opera Apr 30, 2003

Thanks Hermann,

In the old version IE was invoked automatically, so I hadn\'t tried using the browser button in 1.2. It works great, thanks!

I enjoy Opera very much. I find it faster, it has excellent handling of cookies, it blocks pop up windows when you want it to (single key stroke to turn it on or off), there\'s a keyboard shortcut for *everything*, even browsing commands like \"back\", \"home\", ecc. Which tabs didn\'t work as well in Opera and Netscape? Do yo
... See more
Thanks Hermann,

In the old version IE was invoked automatically, so I hadn\'t tried using the browser button in 1.2. It works great, thanks!

I enjoy Opera very much. I find it faster, it has excellent handling of cookies, it blocks pop up windows when you want it to (single key stroke to turn it on or off), there\'s a keyboard shortcut for *everything*, even browsing commands like \"back\", \"home\", ecc. Which tabs didn\'t work as well in Opera and Netscape? Do you mean when clicking the \'view in browser\' button? I have Opera open all the time, but the page loaded instantly. Can you clarify what you mean?

Amy
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Tabs are in search results Apr 30, 2003

Hi Amy,

I mean the tabs which are used to display the search results in the new internet search page:

http://www.proz.com/search/internet_search

Hermann

Amy Taylor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Great page! When was this launched? Apr 30, 2003

I suppose if I\'m using KudoZ.net already it\'s the same thing, but a very useful page indeed. The tabs seem to work fine here - BTW I\'m using Opera 6.0, not the new 7.x, so I can\'t say anything for that.

One final question: what is the small \"s\" button next to the \"Search\" button in Kudoz.net?

Hermann Bruns
English to German
The search page is quite new Apr 30, 2003

Hi Amy,

the internet search page is quite new. I finished it on Monday. It has been available for about 10 days.

The \"S\" button in KudoZ.NET has as simple meaning: Search immediately, without showing the search settings before. Just try!

Hermann

Amy Taylor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Again, my compliments, Hermann! Apr 30, 2003

That\'s a great feature - I can use my \"standard\" settings most of the time, and use the Search button if I need to change something. Good work!!

Amy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is anyone using KudoZ.net and DejaVu together? Strange error message...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »