https://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/10710-a_picture_tells_a_thousand_words_allow_uploading_of_photos_to_kudoz.html

a picture tells a thousand words (allow uploading of photos to KudoZ)
Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:03
Russian to English
+ ...
May 5, 2003

I wonder if a facility for including pictures in answers to kudoz questions could be included. It strikes me that in questions such as the one below they could be used to particular effect.

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/426093

After all we have been given the technology to upload sounds...

sergey (X)
sergey (X)
Local time: 15:03
Russian to English
+ ...
hope it works! May 5, 2003

Dawn French Who has sprouted – forty four G jugs.

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:03
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
One suggestion May 5, 2003

Many times I had posted links which make reference to related pictures that help answering a question (google>pictures>link). There are thousands in the web but it would be great to be able to upload one\'s pictures sometimes.

Elías

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:03
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Inserting pictures is great, but... May 5, 2003

...But including pictures directly in the body of an answer means more download time.

For dial-up connection users (like me) it means that every time I have to answer a comment, I have to load a picture again or to strain my cache.

I\'m totally for visual support like pics, in many cases they are really worth of hundreds words, but I think it\'s better to be like a reference link: when an answerer includes a picture, he or she may upload it to a special place on a
... See more
...But including pictures directly in the body of an answer means more download time.

For dial-up connection users (like me) it means that every time I have to answer a comment, I have to load a picture again or to strain my cache.

I\'m totally for visual support like pics, in many cases they are really worth of hundreds words, but I think it\'s better to be like a reference link: when an answerer includes a picture, he or she may upload it to a special place on a site or somewhere, and everyone can just click on the link to see the picture.

In other words, I\'m against including pictures directly into an answer. As it often happens there would be people who will overuse the feature. Mine (and many others\') dial-up would have a hard time to download it everytime I want to check recent updates in a question.
Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:03
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
you may use a free web server May 5, 2003

A couple of times I needed answers to KudoZ questions involving mechanical parts. For this purpose I created a free website (hundreds of free services available on the web), uploaded the picture and gave the URL in the body of the question.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

a picture tells a thousand words (allow uploading of photos to KudoZ)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »