When you use flags/ filters... is it forever???
Thread poster: Eleni Makantani

Eleni Makantani
Greece
Local time: 10:45
English to Greek
+ ...
Jun 18, 2008

When you flag/ filter someone, can you afterwards de-flag/ de-filter them? I wanted to experiment with that feature, but I don't want to do something that I won't be able to "undo" if I later decide it wasn't a good idea.

Also: do they get notified?

Thanks!

[Edited at 2008-06-18 09:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:45
Italian to English
+ ...
You can remove them Jun 18, 2008

I used to filter someone, but I then removed the filter and I get notifications of their questions along with everyone else's.

And no, they don't get told - at least, I hope not!

[Edited at 2008-06-18 09:46]

Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Reversible, no notification Jun 18, 2008

Yes, you can de-flag/de-filter them afterwards and no, they are not notified.

C

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I like that feature ... Jun 18, 2008

Only you and the system know who you have flagged or filtered.

The filter saves a lot of irritation.
I dream of the day when one or two irritating newbies can be flagged instead of filtered, but I have never got that far.

And the one person I have flagged uses the site so rarely, it is easier to mail her direct if I want to make contact! But the thought is there...

Have fun!

gad
United States
Local time: 03:45
French to English
They may not get told, but it may be obvious to the person, sometimes Jun 20, 2008

Marie-Hélène Hayles wrote:

I used to filter someone, but I then removed the filter and I get notifications of their questions along with everyone else's.

And no, they don't get told - at least, I hope not!

[Edited at 2008-06-18 09:46]

I can tell of at least one person who must have "flagged" my questions - this person seemed to be following me around the site, and it was so annoying, since he made all sorts of little comments to my questions (which I guess I had nerve asking in the first place because the comments were NEVER nice, polite or positive - just snide and condescending).

I'm not quite sure that was the intended use of this feature, or why it was that person's business what questions I asked. If I'd been abusing the KudoZ feature, that's up to a moderator, not another user who feels the need to make such remarks to me.

Fortunately, that must be in the past though - at least I hope it is...maybe I have Rule 3.7 to thank?;)

[Edited at 2008-06-20 04:47]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When you use flags/ filters... is it forever???

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search