Thread poster: Stéphanie Soudais

Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:26
Member (2006)
English to French
Sep 19, 2008

Dear all,

I have noticed that when an answer is automatically selected by the system, only the chosen answerer gets an e-mail notification. Why ?

As an asker and as an answerer, I would like to know when the questions I asked/answerered are automatically closed.

Stéphanie

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxsavaria
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
:) Sep 19, 2008

That's strange,although I have never encountered with this situation so far in my proz.com career.

Cagdas Karatas  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 03:26
English to Turkish
Yes and more Sep 19, 2008

I agree with Stephanie, and want to add something else I wonder about unclosed questions.

Formerly, when a question remained open for a very long time, I didn't use to see what is now provided as a feedback on the question page below respective answers. "The asker rejected this answer" Am I wrong? Could someone clarify this, please?

Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Sep 19, 2008

I have just discovered this "asker rejected this answer" feature. Never noticed it before. Why should the asker not close the question and states "no acceptable answer", which is clearer ?

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
Bugs and suggestions in a support ticket Sep 19, 2008

Hi Stéphanie,
It might be a good idea to send a support Ticket to ProZ.com staff about these possible bugs and your suggestions. I have always received a reply from staff within some hours.
Regards
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Answers selected automatically

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search